In this thought-provoking episode of “Your Confident Self,” host Allegra M. Sinclair welcomes guest Karin Freeland, a former corporate workaholic turned author, speaker, and certified life reinvention coach. Together, they explore the challenges faced by high-achieving career women and share practical strategies for building confidence, finding fulfillment, and embracing new possibilities. Join Allegra and Karin as they delve into Karin’s personal journey, the power of mindset shifts, and the importance of taking action to create a life that aligns with your dreams and values.
In this Episode on Choosing Change:
- Karin Freeland, a recovered corporate workaholic and the author of “The Ins and Outs of My Vagina,” shares her inspiring story of how she traded the boardroom for the bedroom. Discover how she overcame self-doubt, discovered her dreams, and transformed her life with practical strategies and mindset shifts.
- Karin and Allegra emphasize the importance of owning your current abilities and seeking assistance in areas where you might need support. They share practical tips for clearing self-limiting beliefs, boosting confidence, and finding success in your chosen path.
- Discover how Karin’s mindset shifted after watching the movie “The Secret” and understanding the power of positive thinking and manifestation. Hear how this newfound perspective led her to make significant changes in her life and embrace new opportunities.
- Karin opens up about her pivotal moment when she realized that her job was just a means to an end, and she had the power to pursue her dreams. Explore the importance of following your passion, taking risks, and creating a life that fills you with joy and purpose.
- Karin and Allegra delve into the practical steps required to make a change in your life while still working in a corporate job. From turning inward through journaling to exploring different possibilities, they provide guidance on how to navigate the transition towards a more fulfilling future.
[00:05:23] High achieving women face pressures to conform.
[00:07:15] Feeling helpless, planning exit, lacking confidence.
[00:12:41] Dissonance between success and personal desires.
[00:13:30] Talent doesn’t equal purpose; find fulfillment.
[00:18:08] Internal reflection, journaling, leaving corporate, pursuing dreams.
[00:23:25] Writing book leads to renewed passion, delegation
[00:25:16] Explored coaching, got certified, pursued passion.
[00:30:20] Coach helps author overcome fears of publishing.
[00:34:50] Joys of being over 30: opinions don’t matter.
[00:35:56] Choose to take action and change your life.
[00:40:03] Owning my capabilities and being accountable.
[00:44:22] 6 secrets to get unstuck free resource, https://allegrasinclair.com/6secrets
By exploring Karin Freeland’s transformative journey from corporate workaholic to empowered author and coach, Allegra M. Sinclair provides invaluable insights and actionable strategies for high-achieving career women seeking to build confidence, find fulfillment, and create a life that aligns with their dreams. Tune in to “Your Confident Self” today and start embracing your true potential.
Who is Karin Freeland?
Karin Freeland is a recovered corporate workaholic. After years in high-pressure leadership roles at Fortune 500 companies, she’s traded the boardroom for the bedroom. In her hilarious award-winning book, The Ins and Outs of My Vagina: A Penetrating Memoir, she recounts the mishaps and misadventures she’s had over the past 40 years with a special partner in crime: her vagina, named V. Women of all ages can relate to this raw and honest journey of firsts, long-term relationships, and finding pleasure.
Karin is also a speaker and certified Life Reinvention Coach, focused on helping women transform their lives and achieve their dreams. Through her signature EDIT Your Life(TM) program, she offers one-on-one coaching, giving women all the tools and techniques needed to conquer fears, discover their purpose, and live their dream life. Her group coaching program, Success without Sacrifice helps women grow their career and create the balance they crave, so they never miss out on life again!
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
"Talent does not equal purpose. You can be talented at something all day long and hate it or not enjoy it or just not get fulfillment from it." ~ Karin Freeland
"I ended up eventually getting the confidence to start looking outside of the company because you know when you're at a company for a long time, what happens for a lot of us is we start to think that we're only good and we can only be successful in that one environment." ~ Karin Freeland
'It got to the point where it was just so painful to work anymore, and I was getting so much joy from these other avenues of my life. I knew I had to step into this completely.' ~ Karin Freeland